EASI Archives

EASI@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
David Poehlman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Apr 2003 10:04:35 -0400
From: "Derek Featherstone" <[log in to unmask]>
To: "'wai-ig list'" <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Wednesday, April 16, 2003 9:24 AM
Subject: RE: Web site accessibility-layers

Karen Guo wrote:
> I still have some questions about layer's accessibility. How to turn
> layers off? What's the difference between content's logical order and
> visual order? Is there any reference or good website using
> layers that I can take a look at? Thanks.

Feel free to poke around my company site:

<plug type="shameless-but-still-with-a-purpose">
http://www.furtherahead.com
</plug>

Feel free to look at the code to see some of the techniques we used.

If you turn stylesheets off (you could use the wonderful Disable Style
Sheets WiDGet from WDG found at
http://www.htmlhelp.com/tools/widgets/#nostyle ) you will see the order in
which the code is written and how the content order differs from the visual
order...

Hope this helps,

Best regards,
Derek.
--
Derek Featherstone     [log in to unmask]
Further Ahead Inc.