EASI Archives

EASI@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
John Gardner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Aug 2003 10:12:52 -0700
I do not believe that it makes any difference how you load or use Jaws and
WE provided you are using Jaws 4.51 and a recent version of WE.  I use Jaws
4.51 and WE 4.5 beta on XP Home with no problem at all, and I believe but
am not absolutely certain that they'll work with Win98.  Reason is that
both are now adhering to the new standards worked out by a screen reader
consortium, with help of Microsoft, to eliminate contention when
intercepting low level system calls.  Screen readers should now work with
mainstream applications such as PC anywhere, which do the same
thing.  [This doesn't make PC Anywhere accessible - it just means that the
computer won't crash.]

John

At 08:53 AM 8/11/2003 -0400, you wrote:
>Hello,
>
>I currently have JFW 4.5.1 running on a Windows '98 machine. I may need to
>install WindowEyes to do some testing. What do I need to do in order to
>ensure smooth running of either on the same machine? For example, will
>WindowEyes overwrite any files that JFW uses when it is being installed?
>
>Thanks,
>Jennison
>
>-----------------------
>Check out the EASI web:
>http://www.rit.edu/~easi
>Check EASI Courses and Clinics
>To sign off this list
>send e-mail to [log in to unmask] saying
>signoff easi

John Gardner
Professor and Director, Science Access Project
Department of Physics
Oregon State University
Corvallis, OR 97331-6507
tel: (541) 737 3278
FAX: (541) 737 1683
e-mail: [log in to unmask]

September online courses on accessible information technology:
Barrier-free Information Technology http://easi.cc/workshops/adaptit.htm
Advanced Barrier-free Web Design http://easi.cc/workshops/advwbsyl.htm
LD and Information Technology http://easi.cc/workshops/ld.htm
EASI Home Page http://www.rit.edu/~easi