EASI Archives

EASI@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ramon Castillo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Nov 2001 17:00:09 -0800
The P4 and Athlon XP have additional multimedia extensions that "reportedly"
improve multimedia performance including speech recognition.  Processors are
cheap, so as long as you stay away from the "latest and greatest" you will
be well served.  Anything over 512 MB RAM is overkill and will likely go
unused by Windows 9x or 2000 (not sure about Win XP).  A SoundBlaster
Platinum Live card is good for watching DVD's in surround sound but will
offer NO advantage over the Live Value.  Both should offer good and
identical speech recognition performance.

--
Ramon Castillo, OTR, ATP
ATEC/Goodwill Industries of Orange County