EASI Archives

EASI@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
richard wright <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Equal Access to Software & Information <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 15 Jan 2011 15:26:38 -0500
I am looking for a hand held Video magnifier.  I have looked at these
for some years. Several seem adequate except for being able to do
handwriting.  I would like any advice on one or more magnifiers which
are designed to allow a user to write while seeing what is
written.  This could be via the use of legs or some other method to
position the magnifier.
I am also looking for Braille software which allows simple conversion
of computer documents into Braille.
I have had experience with Megadots and Bex.  I have looked at
Duxbury and have tried WinBraille, but these are either too powerful
and expensive or as  with WinBraille  unusable.
Thanks in advance for any guidance.
Richard Wright