EASI Archives

EASI@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Vikki Stefans <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 23 Jun 2002 20:27:32 -0500
Thanks, and I do like the simple idea of save as html as an alternate
framework. Both Corel Pres. and Powerpoint have an export to the web
option in their menu system, and both can export .jpg or.gif.

As far as attaching sounds as .wav files, it can be done so these would
play while looking at a slide; there is even a commercial product to give
you ability to do this and choose more accessible options called ppt2html,
(see http://www.rdpslides.com/ppt2html/) that I will try to learn more
about once I am on a machine with Powerpoint again.  Actually a Google
search on "powerpoint web show sounds " (no quotes if you run this search
yourself) found a lot of sites that will be helpful to explore.

Corel's menu item is found with Alt-F-I then P for Publish as Html which
is what I have been doing, and there is also an option to do it with S
sounds and transitions preserved.  I'd be concerned about download times
for .wav files.  These methods create a large set of files you upload to
your server.  For multimedia with Corel, it apparently requires a plug-in
also.

I am one of those folks whose day job gets in the way of doing what I
would like to do with computers and the web, and if you've seen my web
site, you'll wihtout a doubt tell me to keep that day job.  (That's why I
end up sending messages at such odd hours here!)  But the slideshows are
on there, at http://home.kidscare.net/~vstefans, right under where it says
SLIDESHOWS SLIDESHOWS SLIDESHOWS, and frankly they are *not* very
accessible, neither the Corels nor the Powerpoint that I put up for my
colleague. You might download the slide show file and Corel 9 (freebie)
and see what Jaws and Window-Eyes can make of it, if anything;  I'll be
interested in the results, and fully intend to make this problem a serious
area of study.

There are some student shows usign Corel 8 at
http://educ.queensu.ca/~landl/web/archives/vol31papers/kent_Manning.htm
also.

Vikki Stefans, M.D., pediatric physiatrist (rehab doc for kids) at UAMS
and Arkansas Children's Hospital.  Working Mom of Sarah T. and Michael C.,
and wife of Henry Stefans, travel agent extraordinaire.  Every mom is a
working mom!- OK, dads too. Other address: [log in to unmask]