EASI Archives

EASI@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jim Rebman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jim Rebman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 12 Jan 2003 20:55:42 -0700
> From What I know of this technology, it is similar to remote access
software
> in that it paints a picture if you will on the screen of the laptop
and
> screen readers cannot deal with it.

For now, you could probably deal with it  using the vOICe, but for the
future, I have to agree whole heartedly with John, this technology
enables a whole range of assistive technologies that promise to bring
truly interactive, real-time access to what is happening in the
classroom.

There is a whole range of possibilities beyond screen readers which
are basically useless anyway when it comes to conveying graphical
information.

There are experimental technologies right now that could make this a
very useful thing in the not too distant future.

-- Jim