EASI Archives

EASI@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ann Parsons <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Mar 2003 13:40:27 -0500
Hi all,

    >> By the way, Jesse is a man.  Dave

<smile>  This may be a speech synthe problem, David, or it just may be
that folks don't read their Bibles any more.  Oh, I'm not going to
start spouting exhortations to come and be "saved", I'm refering to
the literary Bible.  Jesse, the father of David, the shepherd who
became king of Israel and was the progenitor, according to the Gospel
writers, of Jesus, is a well known Biblical name.  I'm just sorry that
folks don't know the story and reference.  Jesse is a far cry from
Jessica or Jessie, the female version of the name.

What may be confoozin' is that there may be a speech program somewhere
which pronounces Jesse as it's supposed to be pronounced, "Jessee".
Iffin you don't check, you won't know the difference between Jesse and
Jessie.  I've deliberately left my Doubletalk the way it is in
situations like this one.  It mispronounces Mr. Fanistock's name, so I
know it means Him and not a woman.

<smile>  The trials of using speech synthesis.  I haven't yet taken
the time to correct my DT about pronouncing DR. as Doctor instead of
Drive.  I keep getting mail from Drive Norman Coombs!  I haven't quite
figured out how a section of pavement can send email but...

<smiling>  Ann P.

--
                        Ann K. Parsons
email:  [log in to unmask]                   ICQ Number:  33006854