EASI Archives

EASI@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Alan Cantor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Jan 2004 18:52:52 -0500
There are not many membrane keyboards available today. Unfortunately, the
Unicorn was discontinued eons ago. The Intellitools Intellikeys is the best of
what is available, in my opinion, because it's a snap to create your own
keyboard layout. (I recently made a layout for a toe typist that had Enter
keys and Backspace keys on left AND right side of the keyboard.)  TASH offers
several membrane keyboards of different sizes. They are OK for basic computer
work, but are less suitable for, say, an adult in a sophisticated work
environment. As far as I know, the keys cannot be remapped. EKEG Electronics
also has different sized membrane keyboards, and I believe the company will
map one any way you want, as a special order. I am also aware of the Magic
Wand Keyboard, which is only 7 inches wide. The keys require contact, not
force, to activate.

Alan

Alan Cantor
Cantor + Associates Inc.
Workplace Accommodation Consultants
www.interlog.com/~acantor

I had just received a phone call regarding a client who needs a Membrane
Keyboard.  He is looking for a good vendor to contact?

 See EASI Special October Bonus offer at http://easi.cc/clinic.htm
EASI November courses are:
Barrier-free E-learning, Accessible Internet Multimedia and Business Benefits of Accessible IT Design:
http://easi.cc/workshop.htm
EASI Home Page http://www.rit.edu/~easi

>>> Error in line 8 of EASI.MAILTPL: unknown formatting command <<<