EASI Archives

EASI@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Alan Cantor <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sun, 25 Sep 2005 10:35:20 -0400
Hi Pranav,

The PowerPoint Princess (Debby Gilden) asked me to forward this message,
which describes a technique that may solve this kind of problem:

"Insert a text box in the gray area outside of the slide.  Type in your
notes.  Jaws will read what you wrote, but your audience will not be
able to see the text."

> Is there any way to tag graphical slides in Microsoft Powerpoint
> 2003? I have a presentation to make and some of the slides are
> posters. The audience is sited so the posters will help convey the
> idea the best. I want to be able to tag the slides so that my screen
> reader can read the tag such that I know what image the slide is
> showing.
>
> I am using Jaws for Windows as my screen reader and will be using
> Powerpoint 2003 in its slide show mode. My laptop will be connected
> to a LCD projecter so I cannot display my notes or any thing else
> since the audience will see them which will interfere with the slide.

Alan

Alan Cantor
Cantor Access Inc.
www.cantoraccess.com