EASI Archives

EASI@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Wood, Ellen" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Equal Access to Software & Information <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Jul 2009 08:51:45 -0400
In Maine we are applying for a broadband technology grant to provide
access to underserved and unserved areas. We want libraries to serve as
community anchors with Public Computer Centers. Thanks to our Acting
State Librarian's commitment to accessibility,  we will be including
accessible workstations in the equipment request.

Could someone point me to the most update information on accessible
workstations: what is recommended as basic requirements and what would
be even better to have. And the costs, of course.

We want this accessible equipment and software to benefit the community
but not burden the library staff with a huge training level so it's
never used. Libraries are being hit with budget reductions but a
train-the trainer program will be provided. A very large monitor to
easily magnify content is just one example.

Thanks,

Ellen

Ellen Wood
Maine State Library Web Coordinator