EASI Archives

EASI@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jon Gunderson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Sep 2002 16:18:32 -0500
The only university that I know that has publicly announced any standard is
University of Wisconsin-Madison[1].

The state of Illinois has published its own standards [2] that are much
better than the 508 requirements used by Wisconsin.  But since they are an
executive order of the governor and the governor does not have direct
administrative control over education institutions, most educational
institutions in Illinois do not feel bound to them.

Good Luck,
Jon

[1] http://www.wisc.edu/wiscinfo/policy/wwwap.html
[2] http://www100.state.il.us/tech/technology/accessibility/iwas1_2.htm

At 03:44 PM 9/11/2002 -0500, Schneider, Katherine S. wrote:
>For those of you who work at universities, does your university use w3c or
>508 standards for web accessibility and why?  I'm on a committee trying to
>set standards for our university and it would really help to know what
>other universities are doing.  Thanks.  Kathie

Jon Gunderson, Ph.D., ATP
MC-574
College of Applied Life Studies
1207 S. Oak Street, Champaign, IL  61820

Voice: (217) 244-5870
Fax: (217) 333-0248

E-mail: [log in to unmask]

WWW: http://www.staff.uiuc.edu/~jongund