EASI Archives

EASI@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Dan Comden <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Nov 2001 09:23:31 -0800
Though it's promising, Reader's Pal has some bugs to be worked out.  For
example, getting it to read text from the clipboard can be a challenge and
some features (such as speed control) didn't work for me.

For something similar (and also free), check out ReadPlease
(www.readplease.com). It too requires a mouse to be used, but many people
with reading disabilities I've worked with lately have been quite excited
to use it.

-*- Dan Comden                   [log in to unmask]
    Adaptive Technology Lab      http://www.washington.edu/computing/atl/
    University of Washington     http://www.washington.edu/doit/