EASI Archives

EASI@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Peter Verhoeven <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Jun 2002 12:01:04 +0200
Dear list members,

Below is an announcement of Zform Poker. An attractive, addictive and
highly accessible game.
It is the first online game on the Internet I saw, that is attractive for
sighted people and highly accessible for blind and low vision people.

Everything what is happening on the screen is read aloud to you and the
interface can be access 100% with the keyboard.
During playing Poker the participants can chat with each orther, that gave
me sometimes the idea I realy was sitting on a table with card players,
instead of sitting behind my computer.

The package include an online and offline version. The offline version let
you play against your computer. I advice you first to play the offline
version before going online. With the offline version you learn the game
and get a feeling about timing issues.

Maybe we meet in the poker game. My nickname is goldfish.

Regards Peter Verhoeven
Internet : http://www.magnifiers.org
The Screen Magnifiers Homepage

++++ Announcement from ZForm

Hello, my name is Paul Silva.  I am the president and community director
of ZForm, a company that creates fully accessible online games that allow
the blind, low vision, and fully sighted to play together on an equal
footing.

Do you enjoy playing games with your friends and family? Frustrated that
many games are inaccessible or require sighted assistance to play, or
are you bothered that there are so few ways to play with your blind friends?

Our first game, ZForm Poker, launched in April 2002 and has people playing
around the clock! ZForm Poker is a multiplayer, online version of five-card
draw poker that you can play on your PC with friends and family around
the world.

Using sound cues and intuitive keyboard commands, we make our games easy
to learn, fun to play, and accessible to both blind and visually impaired
players. Our graphical interface is accessible for those with low vision
and attractive to sighted friends and family.

If you would like to download and evaluate ZForm Poker free for fifteen
days, simply browse to:
http://games.zform.com/signup.php?referrer=1041

If you know someone who might also be interested in hearing about ZForm,
please consider forwarding this message on to them or sending them to
our website: www.Zform.com.

+++ Here is what some of our players are saying about ZForm Poker:

"I just love to play ZForm poker. It so nice to be able to play with my
friends, and make new ones."

"If you like poker and want to PLAY poker rather than spend a long time
learning a new computer interface this is your game.  Intuitive controls
and easy to interpret screen means you'll be playing poker in a few minutes
just as if your buddy dealt the cards."

"This game is great. Staff is great! They pay attention and listen to
the customers. They're accessible. More so than many other companies."

"Thank you for making this game.  For the first time I have a game I can
play with my two sighted daughters.  I just wish they weren't so good
at poker! lol"

If you would like to download and evaluate ZForm Poker free for fifteen
days, simply browse to:
http://games.zform.com/signup.php?referrer=1041

If you know someone who might also be interested in hearing about ZForm,
please consider forwarding this message on to them or sending them to
our website: www.Zform.com.

+++ Learn More:
Learn more about ZForm Poker at:
http://Zform.com/games.html