EASI Archives

EASI@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Dick Banks <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 22 Jun 2002 02:00:08 -0500
And here I was thinking I was the only one silly enough to be working at
this hour.

That was a nice report Viki. I would like to see a Web presentation done
with Corel. That seems to be the interest of many educators. How do I put
PP presentations on the Web. I wonder how Corel publishes to the Web?

It has taken me a very long time to figure out a method for narrated
PowerPoint presentations. RealPresenter is certainly not the answer.

If you have a Corel presentation online, please send me the URL? I would
love to take a look at it. Does Corel export to .jpg or .gif?

Dick

At 12:57 AM 6/22/2002 -0500, you wrote:
>As a follow up to last weeks' web chat about this subject I am writing
>back about accessibility and lackthereof for Corel Presentations.  Corel
>has some advantages in terms of image handling and editing, and more
>flexibility in selecting backgrounds and individualizing to each slide.
>
>However the earlier versions, 7 and 8, do not allow for tabbing to
>navigate Slide Edit view.  You add a slide in this view with Alt-I-N and
>then you could hit Enter to get the default of a bullet text slide; again
>it does not allow tabbing to get other slide layouts.  Page up and down
>megotiate from slide to slide in this view.  Version 10 does allow tabbing
>and I need to check on version 9, which is the one with a free download
>limited version.
>
>Use Alt-V-O to get to outline view.  This can be used directly or you can
>paste in plain text with tabs to get text to various levels.  Shift-tab
>goes back up a level in this view.  Default levels are title-subtitle for
>the first slide, then title-subtitle-bulleted text.  Subtitles are omitted
>if you put in two tabs after the flush left title level text is entered.
>
>Speaker notes may be a simple way to get a web show to include the
>information that would be spoken during a live presentation.  Use
>Alt-R-S-N to get to this for each slide; it gets to Slide Properties at
>the Speaker Notes tab where you can type in notes.  You can tab to the
>drop-down list of slides and arrow down and enter.  The "usual" way to get
>to this is a right-click menu for each slide that requires you to right
>click anywhere in the slide not covered by an object, or in Outline View
>right click the little slide icon.  These will be reproduced in a text
>paragraph beneath the slide when you convert to html; html tags can be put
>in for this purpose to allow for hotlinks,etc.  There is a button you can
>tab to that says "Insert Text From Slide" that puts your slide text in
>there line by line.  You can also ctrl-tab to the other items on the slide
>properties menu.
>
>Overall I aam disappointed in my favorite company's presentation software
>from an accessibility point of view; I will report back on Corel 9 and on
>some "good" examples of web slide shows I have come across.
>
>Please give me any specific questions that would be of help using this
>software.  I want to thanks Dick Banks and Norm Coombs for a really
>helpful experience with the web chat, it was my first time using
>Chatterbox!  I will try to persuade our department to try it for on-line
>meetings.  I would like to persuade Corel to create a more interactive
>method of htmll conversion and to add a text view like Powerpoint as well
>as built-in options to download RTF and/or the run-time version.
>
>Vikki Stefans, M.D., pediatric physiatrist (rehab doc for kids) at UAMS
>and Arkansas Children's Hospital.  Working Mom of Sarah T. and Michael C.,
> [...]

Dick Banks
CIO  EASI: Equal Access to Software and Information
http://www.rit.edu/~easi