EASI Archives

EASI@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Martin, Terry" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Jun 2002 16:01:58 -0400
Greetings:

I just wanted to say one thing.  I hope they keep working on the technique.
I am really excited.  I am visually impaired.  I never thought that I would
hear in my life time that someone would figure out how to interface with the
brain to create artificial vision.  This is down right exciting!  As all
technology and techniques, it will get perfected, smaller, and less
expensive as demand grows.  If what is seen, is not exactly what someone
with vision can see, so what!  It is something.  Something is better than
nothing.  Besides, the brain is amazing!  It will adapt.  You never know,
this technique could give us real vision!  Who out there would have ever
thought they would be alive to hear about cloning?

Have a nice holiday and go into it with hope!
Terry Martin -- President
VOILA Technology, Inc.
54 Castle Road
Rochester, NY 14623