EASI Archives

EASI@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
David Poehlman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Dec 2003 09:32:26 -0500
There are a number of reasons not to go with text only.  One is that
depending on the individual, pdf may not work and they may still have vision
and need cognaive cues.  Another is that with todays at, it is easy to jump
through something that is well formatted with headings, links and yes,
tables.  Another is that the way text is displayed on the web is often
unpredictable and even with a modern scren reader, you may find that some
information is skipped, scrambled or run together.  An exception is
downloadable text rather than text viewed in the browser if it is marked
with searchable features and annotated as such.