EASI Archives

EASI@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Carnagey, Bill" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Jul 2002 16:21:31 -0500
Have you seen or tried the Voice Array Microphone from GN Netcom?  It
has 7 microphones embedded in a strip that sets atop a monitor.  Nothing
at all to wear personally -- no being tethered to the CPU, etc.  I have
successfully used this with a number of clients with a range of
abilities--inclusive of one with severe Parkinson's, several with
advanced MS, TBIs, SCIs, etc.  One may be 24 to 36 inches away from the
monitor with good results.  The Voice Array paired with Dragon NS 6.0
produces incredible recognition rates almost from the outset.  Info is
at http://www.gnnetcom.com/usa/e.va.html.  Note, I have no vested
interest in either Dragon Systems, or GN Netcom; just passing along info
about a really neat AT product.

Bill Carnagey, M.S.Ed./ABD, CVE
Assistive Technology Services
Library 201E * Southwest Missouri State University
901 S. National * Springfield, Missouri  65804
Voice:  417.836.4275 * TTY:  417.836.8795
http://computerservices.smsu.edu/assistivetech/