EASI Archives

EASI@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Alan Cantor <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 11 Apr 2007 12:42:39 -0400
Hello friends and colleagues,

Dr. Lynn Gitlow interviewed me at CSUN 2007 for a podcast about "smart
macros." The podcast is available on the ConnSENSE Bulletin website:
(http://www.connsensebulletin.com/csbpodcasts)

Direct link to the podcast: http://www.connsensebulletin.com/csb011.mp3

Smart macros have built-in intelligence that increase their flexibility,
reliability, and accuracy. They are used to automate repetitive tasks,
repair programming errors, simplify actions, and regulate complex
operations. Smart macros can even be designed to perform tasks
automatically, i.e., without human intervention.

Well-designed smart macros improve software accessibility and usability in
ways that cannot be achieved by other means. Smart macros simplify access to
information because the macros themselves assume some of the physical and
cognitive effort required to drive software.

Scripting smart macros is similar to writing scripts for screen reading
software, but without the need to run a screen reader.

Smart macros that perform complex tasks may be challenging to script.
However, many smart macros are easy to create, and can be tackled by
individuals who have intermediate-level computer skills and no
programming experience.

Resources on smart macros:

The Windows Macros FAQ:
http://www.cantoraccess.com/macro-docs/macrosfaq.htm#smart

Article on smart macros from CSUN 2007:
http://www.cantoraccess.com/csun2007-smartmacros.htm

Macros for reducing the cognitive effort of operating a PC, RESNA 2006:
http://www.cantoraccess.com/resna2006showtell.htm

I am available to lead lunch-and-learns or hands-on workshops on smart
macros.
Feel free to contact me if your organization is interested in knowing more
about the topic.

Alan

Alan Cantor
Cantor Access Inc.
www.cantoraccess.com

You have received this announcement because you have expressed interest in
my
company's services or resources. If you would prefer not to receive these
announcements,
drop me a note, and I will immediately remove your name from my mailing
list.