EASI Archives

EASI@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
David Poehlman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Jul 2001 11:29:01 -0400
try dropping a message for info to:
From: "Paul Chapin" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Tuesday, July 17, 2001 11:13 AM
Subject: Re: Web Access; When the Rubber Meets the Road

Unfortunately, the inter-next site is temporary closed for renovation.

I'm assuming that at the moment the only solution to the problem is a
text
to voice conversion done somewhere between the server and the users.
The
question is where is this done and should it be the responsibility of
the
server or the user to arrange for this ability.  Maybe it's because I
use to
run a web server, but I think the responsibility for making information
available in a usable form should lie with the centralized server and
not
the distributed user base.

I'm real interested in seeing how inter-next does it's think.  Depending
on
their solution, this might have interesting implications on the best way
for
the visually impaired to access web pages.
I'll get back to you when I've had a chance to take a look at what they
have.