EASI Archives

EASI@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Prof Norm Coombs <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 21 Jan 2016 14:08:47 -0800
the $9 CHIP computer
  This is extracted from the NPR broadcast January 21
The first Mac computer which came out in 1984, cost nearly $2,500, and
now the $9 CHIP computer is only $9, has 4 gigabytes of storage and fits
in the palm of your hand. It can connect to Wi-Fi and has Bluetooth. you
can also connect a keyboard, and mouse which are not included.
CHIP's Kickstarter campaign raised
$2 million. The NPR report made no mention of its operating system or
about its ability to work with assistive applications.

EASI doesn't plan a Webinar on this however, but those of us who are
old-timers remember a simple laptop for $2,000 or more and now any
computer store can sell one to you for less than $500. Now NVDA is even
a fairly decent screen reader that's free.

We'll send email in a couple days with a few of our coming Webinars.

Meantime, remember that our annual membership provides you privileges
like free access to any fee-based Webinars and a $70 discount on all our
courses. Read about membership from
http://easi.cc/sub.htm

Norm

-----

You received this email because you are subscribed to the Equal Access to Software & Information: (distribution list) (EASI) mailing list. If you would like to unsubscribe from this list, simply send an email to [log in to unmask]  No subject or message is necessary in the email.

For any questions or problems, contact the list administrator at [log in to unmask]