EASI Archives

EASI@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Prof Norm Coombs <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 1 Sep 2002 08:27:08 -0700
Last night, for four hours, Joe Lazzaro was the guest on "Coast to Coast"
talk Radio . . Art Bell's program but actually hosted by Barbara Simpson.
I have to confess, I only hung in for the first 2 hours.  No, it wasn't I
was bored, but I did need some sleep.    Barbara did a fabulous job of
conducting an interview probing Joe as a fascinating and worthwhile person
who just happened to blind . . Nothing was patronizing just opening up Joe
as a genuine person who is bent on having the best life possible for
himself, having a great time and also helping others all at once.    If you
iknow Joe, you know that adaptive technology is the major technology that
enables much of what he does.  His wicked personality and stubbornnes are
the personal traits that empower him.  Yes, the reason Coast to Coast was
interested in Joe is his intent to be a subject for the new experimental
technology to restore partial sight through the use of implanting
electrodies and connecting a mini tv camera, but Barbara spent more on Joe
as a real person than just talking about the latest "gee Whizz" technology.
 Thanks, Joe,  for helping the world know us as real people. Norm Coombs Oh
yes and thanks Joe for putting in a plug for EASI
Norm Coombs
CEO EASI
http://www.rit.edu/~easi