EASI Archives

EASI@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ross Eadie <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 26 Dec 2001 22:55:12 -0600
I enjoyed using various formats of course materials during my stint in
college.  I found using tape to be advantagious while going to bed, on the
bus, and any where else I didn't have a computer.  As Braille was mostly
unavailable, I did not use it much.  Having all the course material in
computer format would have been great because I could record my voice
synthesizer for those times tape worked better.  My only problem would be
that it would get very monotenous.  My time in college involved using
multiple readers for hand outs and text books not yet recorded by the big
recording studios which used a higher standard than the readers I hired
from college.  This variation of voices allowed me to concentrate somewhat
easier than constantly listening to the synthesizer.  In a nut shell, I am
saying don't  rely on just one format to get you through college or
university, but if there is only one format, computer format is the way to go.
Ross Eadie
Voice:  (204) 339-5287