EASI Archives

EASI@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kelly Pierce <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 1 Jan 2005 16:26:09 -0600
Oh, this sounds beautiful.  we are expected to travel to a distant city at
our own expense to develop an access strategy for a proprietary file format
so a single big software company can turn around and sell it to its clients.
It looks like Adobe doesn't want to pay the consulting fees to support their
accessibility efforts and wants free labor instead.
Further, Adobe has partnered with the National Federation of the Blind, who
is hosting and facilitating the meeting.  Currently, the NFB is being sued
because it is forcing its employees to work off the clock.  Further, the
national federation of the blind of Oregon is being pursued by the Oregon
attorney general for fraud.  The reason:  directors raised money and told
donors that the funds would be used for the Oregon Affiliate and for people
and activities in the state when in fact a substantial portion of the funds
were sent to the national office in Baltimore.  For copies of the overtime
lawsuit and the Oregon complaint, visit:

http://www.livejournal.com/users/nfbtalk/

Adobe has given no assurance that:

1.  All the NFB employees providing services during this event at NFB
headquarters to the guests will be compensated in accordance with federal
and state wage and hour laws.

2.  None of the tainted money from Oregon in dispute will be spent to
accommodate meeting participants.

Kelly