EASI Archives

EASI@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
John Nissen <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Equal Access to Software & Information <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Jun 2006 13:01:35 +0100
Hello Martin,

I wonder what Google do?  They seem to be able to search PDF documents, and
provide equivalent text.  The translation is not always perfect, but may be
as good as other ways.  If there's a better way, I'm sure Google would want
to know!  Anybody know of one?

Google might also be able to provide a facility for translation directly,
e.g. just by sending your PDF document to a site.  Does anybody know?  (At
present they seem only able to translate PDF which is already on the web.)

Cheers,

John

John Nissen
Cloudworld Ltd - http://www.cloudworld.co.uk
maker of the assistive reader, WordAloud.
Try WordAloud with synthetic phonics:
http://www.cloudworld.co.uk/teaching-synthetic-phonics.htm
Tel: +44 208 742 3170  Fax: +44 208 742 0202
Email: [log in to unmask]