EASI Archives

EASI@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Pranav Lal <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 18 May 2005 18:32:04 +0530
Hi all,

I have an uncle who suffered a stroke and has been diagnosed with Aphasia.
He has significant difficulty in comprehending the written word. Is there
any adaptive technology that could help him? I had thought of using full
text full audio daisy books so that he could see as well as hear the
material.

He cannot remember people's names so is unable to use the phone. One option
I had thought of was to use thumb nail  images associated with cellular
phone contacts. He need not remember the name that way. I wonder if this
would help?
Any one any thoughts?

Pranav