EASI Archives

EASI@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"E.A. Draffan" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 24 Jul 2009 13:00:51 +0100
I am not a screen reader user or natural keyboard user, but when we
evaluated Google Reader for Web2Access, it appeared to be accessible using
the free text browser WebbIE.  However, when zooming in for increased
magnification in FireFox problems arose.
http://www.web2access.org.uk/product/151

I should add that it helps if you already have a Google account so you do
not have to start with a CAPTCHA situation.

I have also tried Pipes http://pipes.yahoo.com/pipes/  and PageFlakes
http://www.pageflakes.com/   that are not as accessible but offer more
options for embedding data in your own website or mixing different content
with images, as in the case of Pageflakes.

Best wishes E.A.

Mrs E.A. Draffan
Learning Societies Lab,
ECS, University of Southampton,