EASI Archives

EASI@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Vikki Stefans <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Jun 2002 22:06:04 -0500
This line bugs me right here.  What about people with cortical vision
impairment, for one thing?  And what about the fact that Braille does not
require batteries and works even if you are deaf and blind, especially if
we find we can't get quite enough visual discrimination with the
implant to read print?  I still hear people state that talking books and
screenreading mean no-one really needs Braille anymore either.  This new
technology may be great and do nothing but steadily get greater, but why
state that it will replace all other technology instead of add to the
range of possibilities?

Vikki Stefans, M.D., pediatric physiatrist (rehab doc for kids) at UAMS
and Arkansas Children's Hospital.  Working Mom of Sarah T. and Michael C.,
and wife of Henry Stefans, travel agent extraordinaire.  Every mom is a
working mom!- OK, dads too. Other address: [log in to unmask]