EASI Archives

EASI@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kelly Ford <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 13 Jan 2004 05:29:45 -0800
I tried JAWS 5.00621, Window-Eyes 4.5 SP1 and HAL 5.2.  I was unable to
read the alt text in the document with any of these products.

Kelly

At 06:37 PM 1/12/2004, you wrote:
>Hello Screen Reader Experts,
>
>Do any screen readers handle the alternative text associated with images, Word
>Art, and ClipArt that are inserted in Word documents? JAWS 4.51 does not
>automatically read these Alt texts, but what about the latest version, or
>other screen readers? (Note: when you save a Word document in HTML, the Alt
>text comes through fine.)
>
>If anyone wants to experiment with an "accessible" Word 2000 document that
>consists entirely of images, I have attached a file that contains an image and
>an example of Word Art. Both objects have alternative text.
>
>Alan
>
>Alan Cantor
>Cantor + Associates Inc.
>Workplace Accommodation Consultants
>www.interlog.com/~acantor

 See EASI Special October Bonus offer at http://easi.cc/clinic.htm
EASI November courses are:
Barrier-free E-learning, Accessible Internet Multimedia and Business Benefits of Accessible IT Design:
http://easi.cc/workshop.htm
EASI Home Page http://www.rit.edu/~easi

>>> Error in line 8 of EASI.MAILTPL: unknown formatting command <<<