EASI Archives

EASI@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Sheryl Burgstahler <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Equal Access to Software & Information <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Apr 2006 07:16:06 -0700
Spread the word!

We have funding for the following types of internships this summer and
fall:

Nationwide in Computing Fields
As part of our AccessComputing project
(http://www.washington.edu/accesscomputing/), we would like to place
students with disabilities who have some interest in computing
subjects/careers into internships in computing fields. Can you locate a
student with a disability who would like to work with us? Can you locate a
computing faculty member or someone in industry who would like an intern?
When funding is not available at the work site, we can often arrange to
pay the salary of a student employed in an AccessCommputing internship.

Washington, Oregon, Idaho, and Alaska in STEM Fields
As part of our AccessSTEM project (http://www.washington.edu/doit/Stem/),
we would like to place students with disabilities who have some interest in
science, technology, engineering or mathematics subjects/careers into
internships in these fields. Can you locate a student with a disability
who would like to work with us? Can you locate a STEM faculty member
or someone in industry who would like an intern? When funding is not
available at the work site, we can often arrange to pay the salary of a
student employed in an AccessSTEM internship.

Send email to [log in to unmask] to help us match up interns and
supervisors.

Thanks for your help in making opportunities available to students with
disabilities that will increase their success in college and careers.

Sheryl Burgstahler, Ph.D.
Director, Accessible Technology Services and Outreach
Director, DO-IT, AccessSTEM, AccessComputing, AccessCollege
Computing & Communications
University of Washington, Box 355670
Seattle, WA 98195
206-543-0622          FAX 206-221-4171