EASI Archives

EASI@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Sheryl Burgstahler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 14 Feb 2004 08:21:08 -0800
You could consider posting a statement on a computer along the
lines..."Priority for the use of this equipment is given to those who use
the adaptive technology installed on this computer." You could be more
specific about what technology is installed on the machine. The issue
should not be whether or not a student has a disability but rather whether
he/she benefits from the use of the specialized hardware and/or software
installed. Sheryl

Sheryl Burgstahler, Ph.D.
Director, DO-IT & UW Access Technology Lab; Co-Director, AccessIT
Computing & Communications
University of Washington, Box 355670
Seattle, WA 98195
(206) 543-0622          FAX (206) 221-4171
http://staff.washington.edu/sherylb