CHOMSKY Archives

CHOMSKY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ernesto i Wen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Dec 1997 22:31:18 +0100
From: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Airline luggage: Increased security checks

>Delays are already too long.  Picking up your baggage adds another 15 - 20
>minutes to your travel time domestically.  It takes me 45 minutes to clear
>customs in Canada . . .

I am from Barcelona. When last week I occasionally travelled to London, from each side of the Old Continent "Customs" they asked me:

Why do you want to visit London?
Reply: As a tourist.
Then how long time would you like to stay?
Reply: As depended...
Further dependssssssssss:
Then where you will be going to?
Under-reply:
But, Hell to you! I am only tourist!

>They want to limit the number of carry-on's, search your checked baggage,
>and show three (3) forms of ID in the name of what?  Security?
>
>What is the U.S. government doing to people to piss them off to the level
>that the government feels that American citizens will be retaliated against?
>
>The U.S. government needs to leave Sadat and Iran alone.  They need to
>stop talking about assassinating heads of state and other foreign
>government officials. The U.S. government should stop playing with South
>Korea economy.

Greeting to your suggests.