CHOMSKY Archives

CHOMSKY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Matt Hill <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Feb 1999 18:56:19 -0500
I'm not sure what you mean by the humanitarian intervention--surely you
don't mean United States policy!--but if you're looking for Chomsky's
thoughts on Iraq, you might try the Chomsky Archive at

http://www.zmag.org/chomsky/index.cfm

Or you could ask Noam directly at ChomskyChat: http://www.lbbs.org.  There
are also a number of old posts on Iraq you can look through.

Or you could check out the afterward to Deterring Democracy, which is more
about the Gulf War, but illuminates how the present situation came into
being.

What humanitarian intervention do you mean?  I admit I haven't been
following Iraq closely.  But the sanctions on Iraq have killed something
like a half million kids, which makes me wonder how effective this
supposed humanitarian intervention could be.