CHOMSKY Archives

CHOMSKY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Fri, 13 Jun 1997 22:18:41 -0400
I subscribe, as I'm sure many of you do, to many other lists. One of these
is a "news" list that put out the following. I assume you will see it in
Saturdays papers. Here are my thoughts on the subject:

>House Speaker Newt Gingrich said Friday that the panel President
>Clinton named this week to help fight racism will make progress only
>if it abandons "tired old big government liberalism." In a news
>briefing, the Georgia Republican also said he expected this Congress
>would pass a bill to eliminate racial quotas, but said he wanted that
i>n a "larger framework" of tax cuts to spur small businesses, improved
>inner-city education, and more inducements to get people off of
>welfare.

If he weren't a "history professor" and didn't know better, I would
recommend that someone remind this jerk that the plantation owner had
almost no tax burden whatsoever, and, further, no regulation within the
construct of the southern US until  1964.

How did the fight against racism fare in that environment ? Gingrich
knows...do you???

I am SO disgusted with the IDIOTS that keep on talking this ignorant BS
(it's been dominant since 1979-80). All it took was a few TV shows too turn
these morons around (if they needed turning...)?  Please, either read your
(OUR!!!) history, or go away already.

- Don DeBar