CHOMSKY Archives

CHOMSKY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Carol Roper <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 31 Dec 1997 01:26:02 -0000
Now add the fact that you are black and imagine the horror of travelling and
answering such questions to suspicious officials.  For me travelling is
totally Kafkaesque.  I have, on numerous occassions, been interrogated, had
my hair and shoes examined while being rubbed down, strip searched and
thankfully, to date, no body searches.  I am a mother, what fear this plants
in my children aged 22mths, 3 and 6 years.  A female friend of mine, who is
also of the wrong colour, was body searched by male officials without the
presence of a doctor or any other female officials (although this is law)
while returning from working in Spain - she was given
 no choice.  For those who are not in the know, body searches involve
probing all body orifices, like the vagina for concealed objects.  For
women, this is the grossest violation.

Now, in the case of the Lockerbie disaster we have learnt since that British
intelligence already knew what was to transpire, but they let it go ahead
anyway.  Just makes you sick to know, Gaddafi to blame, I think not.

And for those asking questions about what the US govt has done to put US
citizens at risk return to your history books and read, carefully, once
more.

Sincerely Raisin