CHOMSKY Archives

CHOMSKY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Tony Abdo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 16 Jan 2000 18:32:48 -0600
Forward of Report on German Demonstration,  is after comments below-

One would have to consider this a demonstration against German
involvement in the NATO attack on Yugoslavia.     Rosa and Karl are Left
legends,  because of their principled rejection of German engagement in
World War One.     They were assassinated due to being considered
traitors,  by the German ruling class.    Their crime was their
opposition to German militarism.

The large number demonstrating, 100,000, should inspire the American
antiwar movement.     We can certainly do the same,  if the political
leadership of our movement expresses confidence in itself,  and our
cause.     First step, is in making the call to demonstrate.     And to
focus on anti-US foreign policy as our main issue.

We have a good opportunity ahead, The Democratic Party Convention.     A
Call By ALL ANTIWAR TENDENCIES to demonstrate at this convention can be
made.     THIS IS A CHANCE FOR THE LIBERTARIANS  to show if they are
really serious about this issue,  or not?

Will The Libertarian antiwar forces represented by ...antiwar.com...,
make a call for all of us to protest Clintonism and the New World Order?
Or,  will they continue to be nothing but a good source of educational
material?

And will The Left,  also mobilize itself to unite against Clinton
interventionism throughout the world,  if a Liberarian- Call To Action
should be made?    The Democratic Party Convention is the perfect place
to do come together,  on this particular issue.

Tony Abdo