CHOMSKY Archives

CHOMSKY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Tresy Kilbourne <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Jun 1997 11:36:01 -0700
You, coaster brake, wrote:

>i don't think it worked in your favor.  unless somehow you got a better
>version of the software by buying.  why give your money, which you work
>for, to a corporation, when you already have the software?  seems pretty
>dumb.
Reason #1: it's ethical. (Why should a corporation give you a paycheck
when they already have your labor?) Reason #2: there are perks that
registered owners get that software pirates don't.

I thought this was a list dedicated to the ideas of Noam Chomsky. Has it
devolved into a discussion of the ideas of Abbie Hoffman in "Steal This
Book"?

_________
Tresy Kilbourne, Seattle WA
"The environment's in trouble -- and the more it suffers, the tougher it
is on your skin."
   --Seventeen Magazine