CHOMSKY Archives

CHOMSKY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Don Brayton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 28 Jun 1997 12:53:38 EDT
Bill,

I do not understand your bete noir of overproduction.  If th
is arises from Chomsky, would you direct me to the text?

Here is my quandry. If a thirsty man finds a plentiful supply
of water, he may drink more than he needs, but that is for
him to judge.  I will take that over a limited supply of equally
tasty water any day.  I can deal with distributing the excess,
and, one could assert,  without the social system, the
product would not be avilable at all. Overproduction sounds
like a "spin" word fabricated to support a political agenda
item.

Don

On Fri, 27 Jun 1997 13:17:59 -0700 William Meecham
<[log in to unmask]> writes:
>An element worth commenting on is that the capitalist economy
>over-produces
>whether planned or not.  That is rooted in its structure: PROFIT
>extracts
>so much (sometimes as with NIKE almost everything excepting
>advertising)
>so much that workers cannot purchase the goods produced,
>over-production knocks
>on the door.
>wcm

<clip>