CHOMSKY Archives

CHOMSKY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Bill Bartlett <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 8 Jun 1997 01:08:48 +1100
Tresy Kilbourne wrote:

>As for the "crisis of
>overproduction" etc., I assume you are talking about some other thread
>dealing with that tired Marxist cliche (one frankly, that I can't recall
>Chomsky ever employing, speaking of sticking to Chomsky-related topics).
>I thought Chomsky's challenge to the rest of us was to fashion a more
>just society,

"Tired old marxist cliche"? Ouch!

Nevertheless, economic reality is basic to that challenge to "fashion a
more just society" don't you think? I can't help thinking therefor that the
theory is crucial. If it is correct then a more just society is not
possible under capitalism, if you don't think it is correct then give us
logical argument, not just a snide remark.

Bill Bartlett
Bracknell Tas.