CHOMSKY Archives

CHOMSKY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Fri, 5 Dec 1997 16:45:00 EST

>I'm writing this on the road but just got news that Wooden Shoe,
>Philadelphia's radical bookstore, has been threatened by skinheads. ... The
>white supremacist literature originated from the David Duke-style openly
>racist organization called the National Alliance.  The "Death to Mumia" flier
>had a Minneapolis contact address for the "Death to Mumia Coalition."<<<
>
>Just for the record, I call them "foreskinheads," which I feel is *much* more
>appropriate!!!

Just for the record, also, I remember a similar situation here in New York
back in the late 1980's. In that case, an anarchist book shop was trashed in
the Lower East Side by some skinhead group. A few people were badly beaten in
the process.
The folks in Philadephia should ???? I don't know. What does one do in a
situation like this? Call the cops? I don't think so. Watch your back.