CHOMSKY Archives

CHOMSKY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
alister air <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Oct 2001 10:24:34 +1000
At 04:33 PM 14/10/2001, Bill Bartlett wrote:

>Personally, I'm becoming quite bored with this nonsense.

Hi Bill,

So am I.  However:

>Anyone care to start an interesting argument? One thing that intrigues me
>is how the yanks can bear to listen to their head of state. Every time he
>appears on the tele' I cringe with embarrassment. Which, considering his
>election in no way reflects on me, is something I can't explain.

I don't think he's a match for Ronnie.  Let's face it - Bush is an idiot,
but Reagan couldn't even make that grade.  He was clearly not mentally
competent to tie his shoelaces.

>I've got to be honest, our little Johnnie Howard isn't exactly anything to
>write home about either, but that fellow Bush hasn't got the brains of a
>sheep. How on earth does a retard like that get elected to high office?

What do you think about the way the media's relocated the agenda from our
forthcoming Federal election to the War On People Who Can't Fight Back?  I
note that it's usually the lead story, and poor Kim's going to lose in a
big way because of that and our novel way of treating asylum seekers.

Sad.

Alister