CHOMSKY Archives

CHOMSKY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Lawrence Libby <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Jun 1997 20:43:21 -0400
You, Tresy Kilbourne wrote
>You, Lawrence Libby, wrote:
>
>>>Oh. One other thing. Every year the Wall Street Journal endorses a
>>>constitutional amendment that would read, "There shall be open borders."
>>>Are we on the WSJ's side on this one?

>>I, for one, am.  For humans, that is, not corporations.
>I'm not sure how you'd allow the humans, but not the corporations.

To be honest, neither am I, without changing incorporaton laws.  The devil
is in the details.  A major problem of capitalism is the giving of the sorts
of rights to corporations that only people deserve.

> In any
>event, open immigration is what the WSJ, friend of the working man, is
>advocating. I wonder why.

Because they don't seperate human rights from corporations'.  I believe it
was you, Tresy Kilbourne, who said, "Also, as Noam reminds his listeners,
the truth value of a statement does
not depend on who's uttering it."

        -LL