CHOMSKY Archives

CHOMSKY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"D. Simmons" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Feb 2002 23:10:43 EST
>>Yes, but it is utterly irrelevant to your point about nobody raising the
flag of indignation.  You chose not even to mention the man's name.  You
chose to identify him only as an American Jew.>>

  I must admit that I assumed Chomskyites would be well enough informed of
the events of the day to quickly recognize who I was referring to. And, I'll
say it again. I emphasized the fact that he was an American and a Jew BECAUSE
that is the reason they chose him to be murdered. I did not claim a
specialness because of his nationality and religion/ethnicity -- that was
brought up by you and Alister the Trollslayer. Here is a thought. Would there
have been a peep or two on this list if the kidnappers were of a Christian
Identity White Supremist group and the person they tortured and beheaded on
video tape was a Muslim from Pakistan?

  And here is a clue. The denizens of Noamland are consistent in their claim
that the United States is 'evil'.  This is to be expected since America is
the very heart of capitalism, and thus anathema to any self-respecting
Chomskyite. So why does it bother you to be perceived as anti-US?

>>  Daniel Perl's kidnappers were not agents of any government.
Daniel Perl's kidnappers were just common kidnappers.  Now they are
common murderers.  Kidnapping is against the law.  Murder is against the
law.  Nobody is obligated to speak out against these events as if they
were political movements.>>

   So, you don't think that militant Islamic fundamentalism is a political
movement?
To be blunt, if you really believe that, then I am at a loss as to how to
respond.
Yours,
Issodhos