CHOMSKY Archives

CHOMSKY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
carlos levi corea <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 28 Jun 1997 11:07:58 -0700
Can someone explain to me what the electoral college is? Is that true that
is not the popular vote the one electing the president but the electoral
college? If it is true, What is the function of the popular vote? I'm sorry
for asking a question so off the subject, but I am not an American and I
find interesting to find out more about the American system. Thank you.

"The true value of a statement does not depend on who's uttering it".
                                Noam Avram Chomsky (linguist)

"What skeptical thinking boils down to is the means to construct, and to
understand, a reasoned argument and --especially important--to recognize a
fallacious or fraudulent argument. The question is not whether we LIKE the
conclusion that emerges out of a train of reasoning, but whether the
conclusion FOLLOWS from the premise or starting point and whether the
premise is true"
                        Carl Sagan  (Scientist)

open your eyes and
look within.