CHOMSKY Archives

CHOMSKY@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Roy Davies <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 20 Jun 1997 12:43:15 BST
On Thu, 19 Jun 1997 19:56:12 GMT graeme imray wrote:

> From: graeme imray <[log in to unmask]>
> Date: Thu, 19 Jun 1997 19:56:12 GMT
> Subject: Demand ?
> To: [log in to unmask]
>

> Firstly in this country and in Europe, [I do not know the US or the
' Far
> East' as they still say here] there has been the development of LETS
[Local
> Exchange Trading Systems] and similar schemes. Now I  could go on to
> critique them in the manner I set out above, but I am not going to.
Judged
> by the only criteria which matter, these schemes and similar will
grow or
> fail in as much as they answer or fail to answer people's felt
needs.

For those of you interested in this subject there is an e-mail
discussion list on LETS called econ-lets.  Information about it
including how to join it (note that the command for joining is "join"
and not "subscribe") and archives of the list are available on the Web
at URL http://www.mailbase.ac.uk/lists/econ-lets/

I also maintain a web page on LETS and related topics.

Local and Interest-Free Currencies, Social Credit and
Informal Credit Systems
http://www.ex.ac.uk/~RDavies/arian/local.html

Roy
Roy Davies           | e-mail [log in to unmask]                |
University Library   | History of Money URL                          |
University of Exeter | http://www.ex.ac.uk/~RDavies/arian/llyfr.html |
Stocker Road         |                                               |
Exeter EX4 4PT       | Financial Thrillers URL                       |
UK                   | http://www.ex.ac.uk/~RDavies/arian/linda.html |