From:
Mark Michel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 15 Feb 1997 11:56:22 -0800

Here is a list of responses I received to my original post in which I asked
if anyone knew of a good source of GF free-form amino acids:

1. I recently tried taking Solgar vitamins which have free form amino acids
in them.  You might try Solgar - this is the first time I have tolerated
vitamins|  I can even notice the difference as soon as I take them|

2. How about beans and rice combined -form total amino acid.

3. The best amino acids I have found are made by a company called
      "Integrated Health"
      12832 Chadron Avenue
      Hawthorne, California 90250
      1-800-799-3232
I believe they are a subsidiary of another company called Tyson.
Integrated Health sells amino formulas that are balanced blends of
aminos that help you acheive particular goals (stress management, mental
support, blood sugar balance, advanced body building etc..).  They are
balanced so that all the aminos necessary for a metabolic pathway to be
complete, are available.

Tyson, on the other hand, sells single, free form amino acids of
whatever type you need except tryptophan, of course.

All these products are pharmaceutical grade, made from some kind of
micro organism.

Call the phone number and I'm sure they will send you a brochure.  I am
not affiliated with the company, but I've used the products so long and
the difference is amazing.  BTW, they are VERY expensive, so I
supplement with some cheaper TwinLab aminos if I want to take extra of
any particular amino like argenine, cystiene, or glycine.   The reason I
take the Integrated health is that I get a balance of aminos.  This is
really important if you are not absorbing food well.
Have you read the book "The Amino revolution"?

4. There are lots of companies: Freeda, Solgar, Twin-labs, Pure Encapsulations
(from doctor only), Nature's life.  Try going to the healthfood store.

5. Can you tell me what free-form amino acids are exactly?

 -to this I will respond with two quotes from _Prescription for Nutritional
Healing_ by James F. Balch, M.D. and Phyllis A. Balch , C.N.C (a
wonderful book IMO), "Amino acids are the chemical units or 'building
blocks,' ... that make up proteins." "Free-form means the amino acid is in
its purest form.  Free-form amino acids need no digestion and are absorbed
directly into the bloodstream."

Thanks to everyone who replied and take care,

Mark