From:
Joel Elias <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Joel Elias <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Feb 2012 11:23:20 -0500

Good article on the emerging diagnosis of "Gluten Sensitivity in the Wall
Street Journal at: http://on.wsj.com/xw59TG.

I've copied a quote from Dr. Alessio Fasano on testing which I think is
relevant because there are a lot of people out there trying to make a buck
selling tests that have not been validated.

"Confusing the picture further are private labs that offer tests of stool or
saliva that they say can definitively diagnose gluten sensitivity. Experts
say that such tests haven't been validated and shouldn't be relied on for a
diagnosis. "If anyone claims they have a test that is specifically for
gluten sensitivity, there is no such thing, though I'm not ruling it out in
the future," says Dr. Fasano."

Joel