Date:
Wed, 23 Nov 2005 06:51:05 -0500

My mother was visiting from Colorado and some one suggested i take her to Ali Baba's restaurant.

Since I think eating out is such a hassle I knew if we went I probably wouldn't be able to eat anything but I took her anyway.  I ate a little bit before we left home so I wouldn't be hungry while I watched everyone eat.  I hadn't had the time to call ahead and talk to anyone about gluten free items.

When we got there I was shocked to find  all the ingredients listed above each buffet item.  When I talked to the hostess she informed me that an employee there was also celiac and the reason for the ingredient lists.

Wonderful food, wonderful entertainment.  Below is a write up in Orlando's City guide:

You'd never guess that the ugly stretch of State Road 434 running through Longwood could be home to one of the area's most exotically-themed eating experiences, but our stripmall-studded state is full of surprises. Ali Baba's brings a taste of the Middle East to Central Florida -- not only via the Persian-inspired cuisine dished up, but through live belly dancing shows that fill the dining room with a flurry of gauzy fabric and sensuous dance moves on weekend nights.

The nightly dinner buffet is a good choice for big eaters -- you'll get to sample savory beef and eggplant stews, lemony chicken, dolmeh (grape leaves) and Mediterranean dips like hummus and eggplant spread. If you're ordering ala carte there are plenty of options, too. The dish called Albalu Polo is a melange of grilled chicken and cherry-studded rice. Greek foods show up in the forms of souvlaki and moussaka. And the kashk-o-bademjan, an interesting vegetarian dish, mixes eggplant with cream of whey, onion and mint. Plush banquette couches, servers in tuxedos and ornate columns scattered throughout the restaurant are in keeping with the restaurant's regal Persian theme. -- Terry Ward

It is located at 1155 W. State Rd 434 in Longwood FL.  Telephone is 407-331-8680.

Enjoy!
Lauren