From:
Joanna Schroeder <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Joanna Schroeder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 23 May 2007 16:30:50 -0700

Sherene was so kind to inform us of a problem with Bob's Red Mill... i guess
they labelled their products GF on the front but were labelled as regular
flour products on the back.

I had JUST eaten one of their bread mixes and proceeded to get a virus, so
of course we thought it was connected (except I had a fever for three
days!).  When we called them just now, the customer service rep said that
hte product WAS GF, but just the back label was wrong, so the product was
GF.  She said they're appalled that it happened and apologize profusely
(meanwhile my husband had thrown all Bob's products away!).  I'm certain
what made me sick was the virus, not the mix, not only because of the fever,
but when I get gluten I get INTENSE pain, stabbing pain, in my abdomen and a
burning sensation as I go to the bathroom.  I had none of this with the
virus.

So hopefully that puts some minds at ease!!!

Joanna