From:
Rita Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Rita Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 16 Jul 2006 11:52:02 -0500

Thanks to everyone who responded.  17 people responded that Bush's Original Baked Beans are gluten free.  3 said that the Vegetarian Baked Beans are gluten free.  Most agreed that the Chili & varieties of Chili are NOT gluten free.

4 said that they also have had a gluten like reaction from eating the Bush's Baked Beans.  So maybe there is something else in the beans that is causing a reaction for a few of us.

Some suggested that maybe something added to the beans I ate last time contained gluten and that is why I got sick.

Here are just a few of the comments I received:

I put" Bush baked beans gluten" into the Google request and here is what came up at the Bush site.  Are any of your products gluten-free? Which ones?  All of our Bush's Best products are gluten-free with the exception of Bush's Best Chili Beans, the four varieties of Bush's Homestyle Chili and Bush's Chili Magic®line.

They are indeed as they come out of the can.  However, what folks add to them in an effort to "doctor" them up may not be.

I eat them without getting a stomach ache, but the beans will sometimes cause gas.  Most beans need a complimentary protein to digest.  Rice or Cornbread are good with them.  I make a regular cornbread recipe, substituting corn flour for wheat flour.  It is actually better than corn bread made with wheat.

Yes they are gluten free,their chilli ones are not.  Maybe someone added something to them.  P.S: I eat them all the time and so does my son, we are both celiacs.

I eat them regularly with no gluten problems.  Maybe someone "added something" to them?  They have corn starch.  Could be there is a gluten contamination issue.  Could be you are getting corn sensitive like my daughter did after going gf.