From:
John E Cameron <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 31 Jan 1996 21:42:36 EST

I recently took Typhoid Vaccine pills and also had a severe reaction.  However,
I never have reactions to gluten, even though I'm a Celiac.  I was in such pain
I sought emergency treatment.  My doctor's concluded that there wasn't any
gluten in the pills.  They figured since I'm still working on healing my
duodenum, throwing a live virus down there might have been asking for trouble.
Perhaps the scarred and sensitive tissue just couldn't handle it.  My wife, who
doesn't have CD, was also mildly bothered by her typhoid vaccine pills.  My
pharmicist claims she has never heard of any complaints from the typhoid pills.
Certainly it would be good to hear from a qualified professional on this, but my
first hand experience says that these pills can be hard on anyone, and even
harder on someone with an existing intestinal malady.